- IN THE NEWS
- ALL ABOUT ONIONS
- CULINARY INSPIRATION
- CONTACT US
Submitted by gills_admin on Wed, 07/14/2010 - 15:46
Featured Recipe - Grilled Onion Panini
Prep time: 10min. Cook Time: 5 min. Makes: 1 serving
- 2 slices red and white onion, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 slices 1/2 inch thick rustic or sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon mashed avocado
- 1/3 cup arugula
- 1 slice Provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion pesto
- Drizzle teaspoons oil in sauté pan. Add onion, season and with salt. Cook until lightly browned and translucent; set aside. Spread avocado on one slice of bread.
- Spread avocado on one slice of bread. Top with arugula cheese and grilled onions. Spread pesto on remaining slice of bread and top sandwich. Brush top side of sandwich with olive oil.
- Place sandwich oiled side down on Panini maker. Brush oil on remaining side of bread. Close lid and cook until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve.